What this privacy notices covers
Aquarius Archery Club (AAC) is committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice references to ’our’, ‘we’ or ‘us’ means Aquarius Archery Club. This policy explains how we collect and use the personal information about you.
Who we are
AAC is a data controller under the General Data Protection Regulations and our Data Protection Officer is Alison Shearer contactable at Aquarius Archery Club, Fortis Green Covered Reservoir, Southern Road, London N2 9LN, email email@example.com
Information we gather
AAC collects information from you. Some information from you is also used by Middlesex County Archery Association (MCAA), Southern Counties Archery Society (SCAS) and Archery GB (AGB).
We collect information in the following ways,
Information you give us
When you become a member of AAC you give us information, you may also give us information when using our Website. Information may include your name, date of birth, postal address, email address, phone number, disability, AGB number and other archery clubs.
Information we get from your use of our Website and services
Each time you visit our Website/Forum, we may automatically collect certain information. This information includes technical information, such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and information relating to what pages you have viewed (e.g. using cookies as described further below).
When you enter our competitions the following information may be collected by the tournament organiser and results will be published: first name, surname, gender, bow style, AGB number, date of birth / age category, email, address, phone number, club, round (unless defined by age), disabled (Y/N), disability information.
In accordance with our competition entry documentation, photography and video may be taken at events, and these images may be used on our website, social media platforms and internal documents.
Information about you from third parties
We work with ClubEvent for on-line event bookings, which may be beginners courses or any booking to use club facilities (eg indoor sessions). When a booking is made they provide some or all of the following information to us: Name, email address, date of birth, mobile number, gender, right or left handed, disability information.
ClubEvent website: https://www.clubevent.co.uk
When you pay for any club event on-line payment will be taken by the Stripe payments system. Stripe will notify us that the payment has been successful.
How we may use your information
When you apply to become a member of AAC, we have a legitimate organisational interest to use your information to respond to you and give you information about being a member. We also rely on obtaining your consent to use your personal information. We may use your information for a number of purposes including the following:
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice
- To provide you with information about our activities that you have agreed to receive e.g. Newsletter.
- To register you with Archery GB and Middlesex County Archery Association.
We also request permissions on behalf of AGB for them to contact you via various means.
We will use the information we get from your use of our Website and services to:
- Administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis and testing.
- Improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your devices.
- As part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure.
We will use the information you give us to:
- Provide you with information about AAC.
- Allow club members to contact each other.
- Administer the sport by providing some information to AGB and MCAA.
- Notify you about changes to AAC shooting times/facilities.
- Ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your devices.
- Any other reasonable purposes of AAC, acting always in accordance with the GDPR.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We share some of your information with Archery GB and Middlesex County Archery Association.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
When we collect membership information about a child or young person aged under 18 we will make it very clear as to the reasons for collecting this data and how it will be used. We expect to be given the parents or guardians contact details.
Keeping your records
Your membership information will be retained for one year, following this period we will delete it.
Where we may store your information
The data that we collect from you will be stored on a password protected personal computer in a password protected file.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
AAC will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
You have the right to:
- Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you other than online, please contact our Data Protection Officer via email or by letter.
- Request that we delete your personal data.
- You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please address requests to the Data Protection Officer and we will respond within one month, of receipt of your written request and confirmed ID. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. This request is free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
Changes to this notice and the way we treat personal information
We may update the terms of this privacy notice at any time, so please do check it from time to time.
We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided to us or by placing a prominent notice on our Website. By continuing to use our Website you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
Enquires and Complaints
The Data Protection Officer is the first point of contact regarding any enquires arising from this Privacy Notice. Where possible, please raise all enquires in writing.
If you are unhappy with our work or something that we have done or failed to do, please inform us in writing. AAC will acknowledge receipt of all complaints and will endeavour to investigate the complaint within 15 working days. All complaints should be sent to:
Aquarius Archery Club,
Fortis Green Covered Reservoir,
London N2 9LN.
You may also complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are concerned
with how we are handling your personal information using their online form which can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/
Changes to this Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will notify the membership.
This Privacy Notice was last updated 02/01/2021.